http://www.educationworld.com/
1. What did I learn?
Within this website I was able to explore and analyze a whole world of the education system. Here as the website states, "The Educator's Best Friend" is really a very helpful site to view to stay current with the education world. In the main page one will find the following subject areas: Lesson Planning, Professional Development, Administrator's desk, Technology integration, School Issues, Education World at Home, Early Childhood, Lifestyles, Marketplace and Schoolnotes.com. Within these categories one can find printable worksheets to use with the students, read the many site reviews of other professionals who have visited and used this web site. Free newsletters is just another great outcome that this site has to offer. One can sign up for email newsletters to stay connected to updates and reviews regarding the education system, in addition they also have a section where one can take a look at job listing available in a certain area. One last thing that I was really impressed with is the fact that they also provide a section where one can order school supplies such as art supplies, to even sport equipment for gym class.
2. What else do I want to learn?
As teachers, I wonder how oftern are we encouraged to use the Internet or even educational websites such as these in our teaching strategies. I would definately consider using this same site with lesson planning, ordering school supplies, and even just to read the daily newsletters just to know and stay up date with current educational news. I know that as a teacher we are required to align our standards to the TEKS. In this webpage there are a lot of resources that can be used in teaching and maybe just researching whether or not the lessons that they offer are aligned with the TEKS would be of a benefit for myself because then that would mean I could use them in the classroom. As I was reviewing the material I was already interested in some of the lesson plans they have. My only concern would be my question on, if it will fit in with the TEKS?
No comments:
Post a Comment