Thursday, October 7, 2010

October 9, 2010

http://www.aera.net/

What did I learn?
From this on-line professional publication I was able to explore and take a look at the daily news about workshops, college admissions tests, and other information that as a teacher, or administrator of a school would be extremely helpful. This online publication is a great option to find out about the education news. The main goal about AERA, American Educational Research Association is to provide educators the opportunity to continue advancing educational research and a way to promote the use of research to improve education and serve the public good. If educators are interested in becoming a member they can do so by signing up as well as attending the annual meeting that are held. Within this publication one can find the Educational Researcher issues for the month, which is a publication done by AERA. The best part is that one can read this in a PDF format.
What else do I want to learn?
As a future educator I would be interested in learning a lot more about AERA, and even go as far as attending their meetings because it seems as if they have a lot of beneficial outcomes that one can gain. I would like to learn more on the workshops that they have available. I think I would also even be interested in taking part of their research and just trying to improve education everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment