Wednesday, November 10, 2010

November 13, 2010

What did I learn?
I currently work for a district and often I do see the homebound teacher stop by once in a while to pick up and drop off work to other teachers, but it never really crossed my mind that parents could educate their own children. My thought was that for every home schooled student there existed a home bound teacher who would service them. Through the K12Connection organization I have learned that homeschooling students is becoming a growing issue for teachers because parents are deciding that they are the best suited people to educate their child at home. With the recent elections, and working for a school I really wanted to help and make a difference and go out there and vote for the school board members. Even though I have an idea of what the duties of the school members is, I didn’t quite understand them. However, K12Connection does a great job of breaking down and explaining exactly what the role of the school board members. This organization provides very good and useful information that educators and future educators can look into.
What else do I want to learn?
I was a little intrigued after reading about how homeschooling is becoming a growing issue for the schools everywhere. I would like to learn and research a little more on how this really works. As a parent myself I wonder if I will ever consider this option for children. The two same questions that are used as examples might be the ones I question myself which would be: Is my child happy at school? Is my child reaching his full potential to learn and grow? I would want to find out a little more on how this k12 program works in terms of using it to home school children.

No comments:

Post a Comment