Sunday, November 14, 2010

November 20, 2010

What did I learn?
Wow, this organization is very informative. I can see how one can use this as part of their teaching components. So much information is presented in this web page about the history of San Francisco. I had previously heard of the famous earthquake that shook San Francisco but besides that I really didn’t know in great detail of other events such as The Great Fire. I like how they provide a whole timeline of the events and how each happen. This organization is suitable for both the students and teachers.
What else do I want to learn?
I do wish to learn and explore a little on how we could organize a similar idea for our city. Even though San Francisco is a big city, I believe it would be a great idea to be able to share a webpage on our city of Mercedes as well. I’m sure that there already exists areas where they mention Mercedes and how it came to be and so forth, but there is a whole lot of other information and events that can be shared the same way as they present it here. This can also be a way to work with students and technology. Maybe a group project for history can be that they come up with a webpage of their own where they present similar information as the sfmuseum.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment