Saturday, November 6, 2010

November 6, 2010

http://www.pbs.org/

What did I learn?
I had previously visited this organization before but I had failed to notice that they have a section for kids, parents, and teachers. I had explored and researched what they have to offer for the students, and I really liked that they have all sorts of activities for students to view and learn from. As for parents and teachers they offer resources on how to help out their children and students. What really caught my attention is that as teachers this organization offers plenty of resources to help with their lesson plans and assist in their teaching. To make things easier they offer resources and information for every area of the different grade levels. This allows teachers to focus on their subject area and grade level they teach. Since this organization is a government funded project their work and information offered are very reliable resources.
What I would like to learn?
I have at times actually tuned into the television channel, and together with my son have viewed the cartoons that they broadcast. Surprisingly enough I have seen my son learn and actively engage himself. I do wonder, how much can we incorporate the pbs videos and cartoons into our lesson plans, and use them to teach our students. Viewing through this webpage I could see some items that could be used together with our teaching, and I truly believe that better learning outcomes could happen with the use of these videos together with the lesson plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment